Carmen Corral Ponce
(+593 2) 452 3800
Carmen Corral Ponce has been a partner of the Firm since 2010. She did her postgraduate studies at the universities of Georgetown and Boston University in the United States, where she obtained master´s degrees in banking, insurance, and monetary subject matter. She has held important public administration positions, mainly in the area of insurance and social security. Her broad experience in these sectors has earned her recognized prestige at a national level, which has made it possible for her to act as lead lawyer in relevant national and international transactions in which renowned international financial institutions have taken part. She is the lawyer for the main investment funds in the country and stands out for her ability and solvency in meeting her clients´ legal requirements.
- 1998 Master in International Banking Law (LL.M.), Boston University, United States
- 1997 Master´s Degree in Financial and Securities Law (LL.M.), Georgetown University, Washington DC, United States
- 1996 Doctor of Jurisprudence from the Pontificia Universidad Católica del Ecuador
- 1996 Lawyer from the Pontificia Universidad Católica del Ecuador
- 1996 Bachellor´s Degree in Legal Science from Pontificia Universidad Católica del Ecuador
- She has attended various specialization courses in and outside of the country.
- 2010 Partner of SOLINES & ASOCIADOS (present).
- Coordinating lawyer of the area of Banking, Monetary and Insurance of SOLINES & ASOCIADOS
- 2003-2008 National Intendant of Social Security of the Superintendence of Banks
- 2010-2011 Lead Professor of Social Security at the University of San Francisco de Quito
- 1999-2000 Legal Consultant, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston
- 1999 Visiting Lawyer, Bingham Dana LLP, Boston
- 1997-2010 Associate Lawyer of SOLINES & ASOCIADOS
- 2009-2010 Member of the Subcommision of Social Security (CONESUP), Editorship of the Project for the New Organic Law of Social Security
- 2005-2007 Professor of the Master´s Program of Constitutional Law at the Pontificia Universidad Católica del Ecuador
- 1992-2003 Legal Advisor for the Liquidation of the Banco de Préstamos, Legal Specialist for the Superintendence of Banks and Insurance
- Speaker at various events including “AFP Seminar”, organized by the FIAP and the World Bank, Bogota, June 2005, I Iberioamerican Congress of Regulation Organisms and Control of Sanitation Systems, organized by the Superintendence of Health, Colombiana, and the OISS, Cartagena, November 2007.
- Social Security
- Labor Law
- Financial and Monetary Law
- International Finance
- Pichincha Bar Association CAP.